If you find yourself going down this path, you might begin the process of restoring your team dynamics by following Amy Gallo's suggested do's and don'ts:
· Be open to hearing your team's complaints and feedback
· Institute a "no gossip" policy so that people deal directly with one another
· Take responsibility for your role in creating the situation"
· Pretend nothing is happening because, most likely, everyone is aware of it
· Be afraid to show vulnerability
· Allow negative feelings to fester — give people a chance to air their grievances"
Read Amy's full Harvard Business Review blog at When Your Team Turns on You
Perry Cone practices insurance, compliance and government law, and consults for in-house counsel, from the Tallahassee office of GrayRobinson. He writes from his perspective as a former general counsel, legal executive, and leader in the Florida insurance industry. Visit Perry's blog at www.leadinginhouse.com/
Legal Notice and Disclaimer