Many excellent suggestions are provided in this blog, including the following "Principles to Remember:"
- Recognize what is in your control to change and what isn't
- Sincerely ask for advice and feedback
- Include others in your improvement efforts so they can see and appreciate your progress"
- Be defensive about your underperformance and try to blame it on outside events or other people
- Assume that just because you are improving, others recognize it
- Stay at a job where you've become permanently labeled an underperformer"
Perry Cone practices insurance, compliance and government law, and consults for in-house counsel, from the Tallahassee office of GrayRobinson. He writes from his perspective as a former general counsel, legal executive, and leader in the Florida insurance industry. Visit Perry's blog at www.leadinginhouse.com/
Legal Notice and Disclaimer
Post a Comment